I still use a Surface Pro 3 and many of my customers use SCCM to manage Surface devices. In fact, The Surface Pro is the tablet of choice in the Canadian federal government. So how is this related to SCCM 1706? While there are many new features in SCCM 1706 that you can read about here, there is a pre-release feature that is particularly interesting to anyone that has to manage Surface devices. The feature provides the ability to manage MS Surface driver updates with SCCM.
- All software update points must run Windows Server 2016.
- This is a pre-release feature that you must turn on for it to be available. For more information, see Use pre-release features from updates.
To manage Surface driver updates
- Enable Synchronization for Microsoft Surface drivers. Use the procedure in Configure classification and products and select the Include Microsoft Surface drivers and firmware updates checkbox on the Classifications tab to enable Surface drivers.
- Synchronize the Microsoft Surface drivers.
- Deploy synchronized Microsoft Surface drivers